Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery
- several baby carrots, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup milk
- Wash chicken carefully - add celery, carrots and onion.
- Add water to just cover chicken.
- Simmer about 45 minutes until tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil to reduce the liquid in the pan.
- Mix a paste of 1/2 cup flour and water - you may need more depending on the liquid in the pan.
- Add to the chicken stock - whisk it well - no lumps!! As it thickens, add the milk and bouillon cubes.
- Stir well and add fresh parsley if available.
- Make biscuits from Bisquick.
- Remove chicken from bones - place on a platter.
- Spoon gravy over chicken, the remainder on the hot biscuits.
Recipe last updated: December 31st, 2020 at 02:28 pm
Source: Barb Louison's Cookbook
As I recall, Kate and Bill quite enjoyed this. Alfred likes this too - it's the gravy, I think!!
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 71mgSodium 264mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 27g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix