Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
- 3 lb chuck roast, rump roast or top round roast - the eye of the round is good too.
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 1 large bay leaf, or more if you so desire
- Brown roast in small amount of oil, adding chopped onion, turn a couple of times to brown it well.
- Add water to the pah, halfway up the thickness of the meat.
- Add bay leaf.
- Cover tightly and simmer until tender - a good couple of hours, I think.
- Check from time to time and add water if needed.
- By the time it's done cooking the water will be just about gone and the juices will remain.
- Remove roast from pan.
- Add about 1/4 cup of flour to the pan.
- Stir well and add water as needed to make the gravy.
Recipe last updated: December 31st, 2020 at 03:41 pm
Source: Barb Louison's Cookbook
Carly, Molly and Will insist upon mashed potatoes with this! Cole quite likes pot roast too!
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 86mgSodium 72mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 26g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix