- 8 to 10 potatoes - good-sized - not bakers (adjust to the number of people who are eating)
- 4 to 6 stalks celery, crisp
- 1 Vidalia onion, good-sized
- 1 splash oil and vinegar to marinate
- Cook potatoes until still firm - don't cook until well done! Cool thoroughly.
- Dice celery and onion and put into a big bowl.
- Dice potatoes and stir carefully so you don't make mush out of them.
- Splash oil and vinegar over the top.
- Stir carefully again and marinate for an hour or so.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper and fold in carefully.
- Garnish as desired; sliced tomatoes and hard boiled eggs are nice.
Recipe last updated: January 2nd, 2021 at 03:07 pm
Source: Barb Louison's Cookbook
Incidentally, a couple of dollops of sour cream makes it evuen better. After all, you don't have potato salad every day!